CENTER POINT STEREO
Center Point Stereo technology is truly historic and ground breaking. Center Point Stereo changes all the rules for live performance. There has never been a speaker like this before. That’s why the United States Patent and Trademark office granted its inventors, Aspen Pittman and Drew Daniels, a broad US utility patent #6219426.
Center Point Stereo delivers 300 degree wide 3D stereo sound for everyone, in every direction, from just ONE speaker cabinet! The specially conditioned “Front” and “Side” Center Point Stereo speakers are positioned “out of phase,” and so these sound waves reflect off each other, then off walls, floors and ceilings to permeate everywhere in the room… even into other rooms… without losing the 3D stereo image. Unlike conventional stereo speaker systems, the “sweet spot” is EVERYWHERE, and with Center Point Stereo there are NO “sour spots.”
Our new compact and powerful Center Point Stereo Spacestation v3 powered stereo monitor is the latest evolution in Center Point Stereo technology. With a foot print of less than one square foot, it works as a powerful stereo instrument amp, a stereo PA for the whole band or install it as the perfect stereo sound system for small clubs and churches where space (and budget) are limited.
Use with a mixer to combine the whole band; vocals, instruments, backing tracks… then feed a single Spacestation v3 speaker cabinet to eliminate all the bulky amps and PA speaker cabinets a band would usually require. And just imagine; performers and audience alike hear exactly the same big wide stereo mix! Spacestation v3 is the perfect solution for those challenging small live venues like a restaurant or church.
Just one Center Point Stereo speaker cabinet does it all, it’s audio magic!
The Center Point Stereo magic works by electronically encoding the stereo Left and Right signals to be Mid (L+R) and Side (L-R) signals, then decoding them acoustically via the unique Front and Side dipole-powered speaker array. Center Point Stereo creates a magical 3D stereo sound field that never collapses as with all conventional stereo speaker arrays. Then ‘sweet spot’ is EVERYWHERE – even traveling around corners and into adjacent rooms!
The Spacestation v3’s front speaker is a custom-made 8″ co-ax speaker (by Eminence USA), a 1″ compression driver (by Eminence USA) and a super-tweeter tri-amped with independent level adjustment for the mids and highs via our Speaker Contour controls. The side speaker is a 6.5″ full range speaker positioned 90 degrees off-axis.
Width Control allows for optimizing the stereo effect to compensate for room acoustics (e.g. use more width for a dead room or outdoors and less width for live or highly reflective rooms). Included is a sub woofer/full line level output, useful for connecting a sub woofer or going to Front Of House which is useful for larger venues.
- Speaker Sizes: 8″ LF + 1″ MID coax, Neo HF Tweeter, 6.5″ Side
- Total Power 280W RMS
- 100W RMS to Front 8″ Woofer
- 100W RMS to 6″ Side Speaker
- 40W RMS to 1″ Midrange Driver
- 40W RMS to Super Tweeter
- .009% Typical, 0.1% Maximum THD
- 100VAC to 240 VAC @ 3.15A (auto ranging)
- Frequency Range: 100Hz-20kHz Usable
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4″ (-10db to +4 dB)”
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4″ (Subwoofer/Line level)
- Height: 18″
- Width: 11″
- Depth: 11″
- Weight: 32 lbs. (14.5kg) (SS3 ‘Lite’ as of Oct. 2017)
- Stereo sound from one cabinet provides big sound in a convenient package
- Center Point Stereo patented 300º dispersion
- Master Level control
- Stereo Width control lets you tailor your sound for the venue
- 3-way tri-amp front speaker for power and efficiency
- Eminence (USA) Acoustinator CX2008 8″ speaker
- Eminence (USA) APT-50 1″ compression mid driver
- Speaker Contour controls for fine-tuning your sound
- Subwoofer output (line level) for maximum performance in large or bass-deficient venues, or going to FOH
- Compact and lightweight for easy transport and setup
- Average 106db max SPL (read: LOUD!)
- Includes cover